Désolé pour l'interruption temporaire... Semblerait que le forum ait été utilisé pour stoker des informations non recommandables (hacks) Cela devrait être fixé maintenant, mais va nécessiter un peu de remise en forme...

Raising pH naturally

joeclark

Raising pH naturally

Message non lu par joeclark » 02 sept. 2017, 07:23

So, I've been having some pH problems. It barely registers 6.0, if I'm lucky, using the API Freshwater Master test kit. I'm doing PWC every several days (3-4), though the fish have stopped eating, so I've stopped feeding them since the food sits and just makes everything worse. I've lost a few. (I have glofish and corys in the tank).

So, I tested the source of my water (filtered tap water), and it turns out that it's low-same as my tank. But, unfiltered is 8.0-8.2, with the other parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate) at perfect levels. I treat with AmQuel+ and stress coat.

I did about a 35-40% water change with the unfiltered water this morning, hoping it would bring the pH up a bit, but it hasn't. I'd like to try and bring the pH up naturally, and have read about using crushed corals to do so. What I can't find is if I'm supposed to use live coral or dead.

Has anyone tried the coral technique in a freshwater tank, and if so, did you use live or dead coral and how did it go?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:

http://www.fishforums.com/forum/general

Marketing Campaign Video

Répondre